Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Morning Groaner

Ben came up to me this morning
       With a mischievous grin on his face
“Dad, can I show you something?”
      The twinkling eyes, the little grin
   He was planning something
         And I was walking right into it
     He showed me his pile of library books
          All thirteen of them
       All Hardy Boys books
         “You see this pile of books?”
“Yes” – still not sure why the grin is there
               “It’s thirteen stories tall.”
         Yep, he’s my son alright.    

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, I like this child.

November 30, 2005 9:36 p.m.  
Blogger fourth_fret said...

this kid is brilliant. seriously. you two should have him bronzed or something.

December 01, 2005 3:32 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

*applauds*

December 02, 2005 11:09 a.m.  
Blogger ABQ Mom said...

that is too funny. I fell for it too. I was waiting for the punchline and I fell right into it! He is so great! I love hearing Ben stories.

December 14, 2005 12:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home