Monday, November 07, 2005

Monte Carlo Ain't The Right Car

An ode to a rental car. My deepest apologies to the Smiths.

I was happy driving my old Subaru
But then I had to go rent a car

I was looking for a car, and then I found a car
And heaven knows that's not the right car!

In my life
I never thought that I'd be caught dead
In a Monte Carlo that's FIRE ENGINE RED!

When I got on the road in this automobile
I realized it wasn't for me

Why I'd ever rent this car, this really ugly car
The last car on the lot was Monte

So I'm stuck
With it for my five hour drive
In a red car that makes me quite sad

When I brought it home from the rental place
Karen started to laugh

"That car is really too red", she said
And I just shook my head

Why oh why
Did they not have
An auto that would much better suit my own style?

So I'm driving in this car down the 401
Showing the whole world my full Monte

"The moonroof completes the look", she said
And I just hung my head

And so I
Put up with this miserable car
Since my company is paying the bill.

9 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Lol!

(great parody; I was singing along -- baby thinks I'm crazy. Well, he was going to have to figure that out soon enough.)

November 08, 2005 9:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got the car, now play the part:
unbutton your shirt a bit, open the window and rest your arm there... and make sure you've got a mullet (get a wig if you have too)

November 08, 2005 12:04 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Proud Mum - You are more brave than I thought. I hope you didn't wince too many times when I just didn't get the right beat.

Anonymous - That is exactly what I am scared of. The thought of a mullet is especially disturbing (I keep my hair very short).

I was asked by one of the colleagues I was visiting if it was my car. I quickly denied it and explained why I had it. He said that he liked the car for it's power, but the style ove the body "made the caboose to big".

November 08, 2005 8:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!

embrace the mullet within!!

November 08, 2005 10:57 p.m.  
Blogger April_Mommy said...

My sister bought a mullet wig for her husband to wear on Halloween...

November 09, 2005 1:01 a.m.  
Blogger fourth_fret said...

mullets are highly underrated. and so are big caboosed cars.

(ok, not really, but someone has to stand up for the inane.) :D

November 09, 2005 11:56 a.m.  
Blogger Proud Mum said...

Don't worry, Mike, the percussionist in me has been quiet a long time. I'm afraid I killed him. Without him I was able to thoroughly appreciate your work. And my baby, well, his first birthday is coming up -- he's got to start putting together that his mother is not the brightest crayon in the box, but she doesn't care, either.

November 09, 2005 10:19 p.m.  
Blogger Sariah said...

Hey Mike, I finally added you to my links list! Thanks for the help you give and the kind words you write. You rock (even with a Monte Carlo and a wanna-be mullet).

November 10, 2005 7:39 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

I will never have a mullet and I'm not sure I can control the caboose thing!

Sariah - Thanks! I've added you to my links as well.

November 10, 2005 9:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home