Monday, November 28, 2005

Another Beginning

Today was my first day in my new job.

Last week I kicked back, relaxed, and spent the week with Karen. It was heavenly and a good time to recharge my batteries.

Back to today. I left early in order to make it there in plenty of time – I’m kind of old fashioned that you should actually show up on time for your first day. Well, the fog had a different idea. Having 5-10 inches of snow on the ground from the weekend and then temperatures well above freezing today resulted in dense fog this morning. I was 30 minutes late. It was more of a problem in my mind than for anyone at my new employer.

They were all just happy to see me and to finally have me “back” on board. While I am working with a lot of the same people I had worked with for five years (I left last December), the new company is a lot different then the one I left.

In very good ways, It was like I had never left. I had no first day nervousness or “newbie” feelings. I knew this is where I want to be. I felt completely comfortable. More comfortable than I had EVER felt at the employer I just left. I was even busy all day with a couple of organizational meetings and two customer calls.

Now all I need is my computer and phone and I can really get to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's great to hear. Knowing you're where you should be is a good feeling.

November 29, 2005 3:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home