Thursday, October 27, 2005

Interview Fatigue

Well, I’ve made it through a good part of my interviews. In total I’ve had six interviews for the non-management position. I’ve also had two for the management position. The sheer number of interviews compressed into a less-than-two-week time frame has been very stressful and tiring. But then again, that could be part of the test.

Miraculously, I’ve managed to also keep up with my busy workload so I haven’t been slacking at my current job while shuttling back and forth to my various interviews. It also helps that I work out of my home office for three or four days a week.

So, with the planned interviews for one position done, I just have to wait now to hear if I will get an offer. I’m sure I’ll get more interviews for the management position, it’s just that the recruiter lives somewhere near Miami and apparently has no phone, power, or Internet connection right now.

I’ve also been contacted by another potential employer. It is the new company which grew out of the sale of my old employer. I am going to see them tomorrow. They felt that they didn’t need to interview me, and wanted to make me an offer over the phone. I didn’t feel comfortable with that. I mean, many of the people are still the same, but the management structure has changed (hopefully for the better). A lot of the people in senior management from the old company are gone, and it was these people and their management style which made me decide to leave in the first place.

So, I asked the hiring manager to set up an interview with the new general manager. I want to interview them and get a better feeling about where this new company is going and what their plans are. I really don’t want to be looking for a job again for at least a few years (yes Karen, I know you’ve heard that one before).

When someone in a household is looking for a new job it’s stressful on everyone. I am grateful to Karen for putting up with me during this time because I have had to adjust my schedule quite a bit to keep up with everything. Hopefully this will all be over and done with soon, and we can go on with our lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger ABQ Mom said...

Sometimes you can find a job to even apply to other times you have positions available coming out your ears. It sounds like you're in the latter which is a good place to be!

October 28, 2005 4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

It sounds like you've been doing really well, good to hear. Good luck with the rest.

October 31, 2005 1:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home