Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm Sooooo Stressed!!!

I realized I haven’t posted since last Thursday and a lot has happened since then.

First of all, thanks Proud Mum and ABQ for your words of support and encouragement.

Yes, I had my interviews on Friday and I know they went well. I was one of eight people interviewed from 400 applications. Today I got a call to book interviews with four more people for this position (next one is tomorrow) so I was one of the three who made the short list. This company is very particular about whom they hire and candidates have a minimum of five interviews.

It’s funny, but the position I’m interviewing for is not the position I applied to. Let’s call that one A. I am interviewing with a manager in another group for a slightly different position (call it B). It seems one of this manager’s people was interested in moving to position A, so now the manager is looking to hire. The funny thing is that I am even better suited to B than A. I know a lot of the customers I would be dealing with and I am extremely familiar with the industry the position would be focused on.

The position I’ve interviewed for is a non-management position. When I applied, there was also a management position open so I thought “what the heck” and applied for that as well. The management position looked interesting -- and right up my alley, since I have been a front-line manager before. (Not with my current company, though, which is one of the reasons I’m leaving.) I didn’t expect any response on that one, though, since management positions are usually filled from within.

Well, I have my first interview for the management position tomorrow. In fact, I already have three interviews scheduled for that job.

It is getting very confusing working with two different HR people trying to schedule a series of interviews over a short time period, while I am also very busy with my current job. Today I was feeling very stressed out.

I know that everything will work out in the end, but it’s getting very stressful trying to schedule everything and maintain a certain amount of secrecy. Only my closest friend at my current job knows, and he is helping cover for me.

I know that when I get to my interviews tomorrow I will go into my automatic “sales” mode and have a nice conversation with both of them. It’s just the anticipation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

Could it be? Guys stress out over things they know they shouldn't? And to listen to my husband this was purely a feminine trait...

You'll be great, I think. What do I know of your current job and new job and qualifications? Okay, well, good luck.

October 19, 2005 8:08 p.m.  
Blogger ABQ Mom said...

Anticipation is the worst part of anything. Depending on what it is it can be nice, but most times it just leads to more stress and who needs that? Good luck.

October 26, 2005 2:10 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, sounds like you have options, that's great. Good luck with the interviews (this is probably a bit late, but luck to you just the same), I hope whatever the outcome that you find something you'll like better than the current job.

October 27, 2005 9:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home