Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Double Take

This happened yesterday and while I can honestly say I wasn't offended, this situation brought home how attitudes can change quickly...

I was helping out a colleague finish an assignment at one of our customers. The customer is a fairly good sized community hospital in a town of about 50,000 people.

Well, the job we were doing required us to walk through almost every part of the hospital. Yesterday we had to get into one area called "Workplace Safety and Rehabilitation" but it was after 4:00 and it was closed. We managed to find a security guard to let us in and while my co-worker was checking out some offices, I noticed the small basket on the reception counter.

You probably know the type of basket I mean, it usually has mints, wrapped candies or jelly beans. Well, I do have a sweet tooth so I went to take a look. To my surprise, they were condoms - flavoured condoms. (My brain paused for a moment to take this in and verify what I saw).

Now, I was stunned (seeing as I had been looking forward to an edible sweet) but it made me realize just how much they are now a part of society.

It did make me wonder what kind of Workplace Safety issues they have at the hospital.

1 Comments:

Blogger Proud Mum said...

I'd love to see the report that states that one of the workplace hazards is the possibility of contracting STDs.

September 21, 2005 10:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home