Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Now that's what I call gone.

Talking about how I got rid of the previous content of this blog reminded me of a recent exchange with my son. Now, for those of you who have not read my wife Karen's blog, we have a 9 year old son named Ben. I find that every day with Ben is an adventure in seeing the development of a very unique mind.

This particular situation stemmed from an assignment he had to do for his Karate school. Ben's sensei believes in developing the whole person so every month they get assignments on different subject such as respect, humility, etc.

Well, Ben was having problems completing the assignment. I reminded him that at his last Karate class the whole class discussed the assignment and got answers to all of the questions. All he had to do was write them down.

Ben, in his particular style, told me:

Well, I forgot most of it. The part that is left was shredded, minced, burned, recycled, turned into toilet paper, used and then flushed.

In other words, there wasn't really much of it left.

After Karen and I both stopped laughing, we gave him the direction he needed to find the answers again.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Math Ninja said...

Ben has quite a creative mind!

August 25, 2005 7:39 a.m.  
Blogger Pooka said...

I think our kids were separated at birth.

September 07, 2005 9:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home